Nothing is more devastating to a home than Salt Lake City water damage. What makes the whole experience stressful is when you cannot find a good water damage restoration company to help you recover from the mess. To achieve the desired results you have to enlist the services of the best Salt Lake City water damage restoration company.
To do that, you need to look out for the following:
- Certification by the IICRC (Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification). This assures you that they have met the basic standards and adhere to the guidelines in the industry or professional water damage restoration.
- A reputable company should be able to give you a detailed plan of action and involve you throughout the process to ensure that you are satisfied with and approve of the procedures taken in addition to the milestones achieved.
- Ensure that the company has a workman compensation and liability insurance. Without such insurance coverage, you may be liable for losses incurred in case there is an accident during progress work in your home. For the most part, the IICRC certification demands this coverage but in the event you choose an uncertified firm, then be sure to request for proof of coverage.
- Salt Lake City water damage restoration companies require a Class A contractor’s license in order to operate. It is therefore important to check for this and other state and local licensing.
- Construction work may be undertaken during restoration. Ensure that the company has valid construction work permits to enable then undertake these tasks.
- Professionalism and customer care is very important. Ensure you are treated with respect and that your concerns and needs are treated more importantly than the need to do business.
Check reviews and get opinions from friends, family and neighbors before settling for any particular Salt Lake City water damage restoration service provider.